Pelee Island Winery 2022
• Supervises and coordinates all of the various farming activities for the vineyards
• Assignments involve the execution of general vineyard management work requiring broad skills and knowledge in the areas of pruning, irrigation management, weed control, chemical applications, disease, and pest control, cultivation and canopy management and harvest
• Assists in all vineyard development activities including land preparation, reservoir, trellis, and irrigation system installation, planting and grafting, equipment selection, etc.
• Operate equipment (tractor, sprayer, mower, loader, chainsaw, hedge trimmer, pruning shears, etc.)
• Maintains close supervision of field crews, assuring proper procedures and quality of work.
• Monitor crops for insects and disease
• Degree in Vitaculture or related field.
• Mechanically inclined.
• Operate tractors, heavy equipment, chainsaws and other equipment
• Valid driver’s license.
• Strong communication skills are essential with the ability to speak and write clearly and well; proficiency in English is highly desirable.
• This position requires excellent planning and organizational skills as well as the ability and desire to be a team player.
• Basic Spanish and French speaking would be considered an asset.
• Housing and transportation provided
• Extended Healthcare
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
• 10-hour shift
• Monday to Friday
• Weekend availability
Expected start date: 2023-04-30