Last Updated: August 24th, 2020
This Privacy Notice describes how Pelee Island Winery collects and processes your personal information through our website. By using peleeisland.com you are consenting to the practices described in this Privacy Notice.
What personal information about customers do we collect?
We collect your personal information in order to provide and continually improve our products and services.
Here are the types of personal information we collect:
• We receive and store any information you provide in relation to peleeisland.com.
• Like many websites, we use “cookies” and other unique identifiers, and we obtain certain types of information when your web browser or device accesses peleeisland.com.
• We might receive information about you from other sources, such as updated delivery and address information from our carriers, which we use to correct our records and deliver your next purchase more easily.
For what purposes do we use your personal information?
We use your personal information to operate, develop and improve the products and services that we offer our customers.
• We use your personal information to receive & process orders, deliver products and services, process payments, and communicate with you about orders, products, services, and promotional offers.
• We use your personal information to provide functionality, analyze performance, fix errors, and improve the usability and effectiveness of peleeisland.com.
• We use your personal information to recommend products and services that might be of interest to you, identify your preferences, and personalize your shopping experience.
• We use your personal information to communicate with you via different channels when required (e.g., by phone, email).
Do we share your personal information?
Information about our customers is an important part of our business. Therefore Pelee Island Winery will never distribute or sell our customers’ personal information to others. Your information, such as an email address, will only be shared when first stating its conditions such as in the event of a contest with partners.
What information can I access?
You can access your information, including your name, address, profile information and purchase history in the “My Account” section of our website.
Examples of how and what type of information is collected
You provide information to us when you:
• search or shop for products or services in our store
• add or remove an item from your cart, or place an order through or use peleeisland.com services
• provide information in the “My account” section of peleeisland.com
• communicate with us by phone, email, or otherwise
As a result of those actions, you might supply us with such information as:
• identifying information such as your name, address, and phone numbers
• payment information
• your IP address
Examples of the information we collect and analyze include:
• the internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet
• email address and phone number
• the location of your device or computer
• the full Uniform Resource Locator (URL) clickstream to, through, and from our websites, including date and time; products and content you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages
We may also use device identifiers, cookies and other technologies on devices, applications and our web pages to collect browsing and usage data.