Looking for a new holiday cocktail to serve up at your next gathering? How about a delightful Cranberry Sparkler Wine Cocktail? This festive drink combines the rich flavours of red wine with the tartness of cranberry and the effervescence of sparkling water.
Here’s the recipe:
- 1 bottle of red wine (such as Merlot or Cabernet Sauvignon)
- 1 cup cranberry juice
- 1/4 cup orange liqueur (e.g., Cointreau or triple sec)
- 2 tablespoons simple syrup (adjust to taste)
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 orange, thinly sliced
- Sparkling water (club soda or sparkling wine) for topping
- Ice cubes
- Fresh rosemary sprigs for garnish
- In a large pitcher, combine the red wine, cranberry juice, orange liqueur, and simple syrup. Stir well to combine.
- Add the fresh or frozen cranberries and orange slices to the pitcher. If you have time, let the mixture chill in the refrigerator for at least 1-2 hours to allow the flavors to meld.
- Just before serving, add ice cubes to the pitcher to chill the mixture further.
- Pour the Cranberry Sparkler into individual glasses, leaving some room at the top.
- Top each glass with sparkling water (club soda) or sparkling wine for a bubbly finish. You can adjust the amount of sparkling water to your preference.
- Garnish each glass with a sprig of fresh rosemary for a festive touch.
This Cranberry Sparkler Wine Cocktail is not only visually appealing but also a delicious and refreshing option for holiday celebrations. Enjoy responsibly and cheers to the festive season!