Pavilion Sales Associate Position 2023
PELEE ISLAND WINERY PAVILION IS NOW ACCEPTING RÉSUMÉS FOR THE 2022 SUMMER SEASON ON PELEE ISLAND
ALL POSITIONS ARE TENTATIVE ON COVID-19 RESTRICTIONS
MUST BE WILLING TO WORK AND LIVE ON PELEE ISLAND IN A SHARED ACCOMMODATION LIVING SITUATION. SHARING A BEDROOM MAY BE A POSSIBILITY.
Location: Pelee Island, Ontario
Job Title: Pelee Island Winery Pavilion Sales Associate
Welcome to the Pelee Island Winery Pavilion, located on Pelee Island in the middle of beautiful Lake Erie! We are looking for team members that are energetic, outdoorsy and have great customer service skills. Members of our team will be given the ability to learn about wine and the unique aspects of growing grapes on the island. Some of your job tasks will be as follows: Lead group tours informing guests of island history and our grape growing process. You will also work in various departments of the Pavilion such as retail, tasting bar and The Deli Hut which is our on-site food service area. Please include your Smart Serve certificate # and your drivers license level in your cover letter to apply.
• Smart Serve Certificate is REQUIRED
• Food Handler’s Certificate an asset, but not required
• Must be willing to attend training to fulfill job requirements
• Knowledge of wine an asset
• Ability to speak professionally in public to large groups
• Alcohol Serving experience an asset
• Must be able to work outdoors
• Experience in fast paced food & beverage establishment an asset
• Good customer service skills
• Punctual, reliable, and energetic
• Follow all food handling safety practices and protocols
• Ability to operate a computerized point-of-sale system, and process payments
• Oversee food preparation such as: salads, dips, pulled pork, stone oven pizza, etc.
• Provide excellent service to customers while selling and serving wine/food items
• Organize and/or oversee group lunches (VIP, school, coach, etc.)
• General ground maintenance and gardening will be required
• Assist with special events such as weddings, banquets etc. as required
• Ability to work as a team and independently
• Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
• Retail experience, and Class “F” Driver’s License are assets but not required
• Ability to lift 35lbs / 16kg (minimum 1 case of wine).
• Must be able to work weekends
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
Available to work either:
Monday, May 8th, 2022 to Labour Day Weekend (this option is for students returning to school)
Monday, May 8th, 2022 to Friday, October 13th, 2022
•Seasonal Temporary Contracted Full-Time (minimum weekly hours depend on time of season)
•Training will be provided
•Accommodations are provided on Pelee Island at no charge (refundable deposit will be taken)
•Wage $16.50 per hour plus commission & bonus (conditional on working through contract end date)
Résumés will be accepted until Sunday, April 3rd, 2023.
We thank all those who apply, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please forward cover letter, résumé, and availability by email to email@example.com Please include your Smart Serve certificate #, class of driver’s licence and availability dates in your cover letter.
FOR MORE INFORMATION ABOUT PELEE ISLAND:
www.pelee.org or www.peleeisland.com/about us
PELEE ISLAND WINERY
455 Seacliff Drive
Kingsville, Ontario, Canada N9Y 2K5