PELEE ISLAND WINERY PAVILION IS NOW ACCEPTING RÉSUMÉS FOR THE 2021 SUMMER SEASON ON PELEE ISLAND
ALL POSITIONS ARE TENTATIVE ON COVID-19 RESTRICTIONS
MUST BE WILLING TO WORK AND LIVE ON PELEE ISLAND IN A SHARED ACCOMMODATION LIVING SITUATION. SHARING A BEDROOM MAY BE A POSSIBILITY.
Location: Pelee Island, Ontario
Job Title: Food Services/Deli Hut-PAVILION
-Provide excellent service to customers while selling and serving food items
– Check fridge and freezer thermometers daily and record
– Follow all food handling safety practices and protocols
– Clean & check gas tank levels in BBQ’s daily
– Arrange for switching of BBQ tanks i.e.: switch out empty for full as required
– Prepare and re-fill the condiment fridge
– Oversee food preparation such as: salads, dips, pulled pork, stone oven pizza, condiments
– Watch your end of the property for signs of behaviour that needs to be pointed out to the Pavilion Manager
– Peruse the BBQ Hut on a regular basis (as time permits) to clean up tables, condiment area, take trays from BBQ’s etc., and to make contact with customers.
– Organize and/or oversee group lunches (school, coach, etc.) and VIP lunch and dinners using the information provided by the Pavilion Manager
– Assist with special events such as weddings, banquets etc. as required
– Ensure end of day procedures are followed
– Food Handler’s Certificate
– Ability to speak professionally in public to large groups
– Good customer service skills
– Punctual, reliable and energetic
– Ability to operate a computerized cash register and process money, cheque and credit/debit card payments an asset
– Experience in fast paced food & beverage establishment
– Ability to work as a team and independently
– Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
– Retail experience, and Class “F” Driver’s License are assets but not required
– Ability to lift 35lbs / 16kg (minimum 1 case of wine).
– Must be able to work weekends
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
– Seasonal Temporary Contracted Full-Time (minimum weekly hours depend on time of season)
– Training will be provided
– Accommodations are provided on Pelee Island at no charge (refundable deposit will be taken)
– Wage $14.00 per hour plus commission & bonus (conditional on working through contract end date)
Résumés will be accepted until Sunday, March 31, 2021.
We thank all those who apply, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please forward cover letter, résumé and availability by fax or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org AND email@example.com Please include your Smart Serve certificate #, class of driver’s licence and availability dates in your cover letter.
FOR MORE INFORMATION ABOUT PELEE ISLAND:
PELEE ISLAND WINERY
455 Seacliff Drive
Kingsville, Ontario, Canada N9Y 2K5