Pelee Island Winery is committed to excellence in serving all customers including people with disabilities.
We will ensure that our staff is trained and familiar with various assistive devices that may be used by customers with disabilities while accessing our winery.
We will communicate with people with disabilities in ways that take into account their disability and individual needs.
We welcome people with disabilities and their service animals. Service animals are allowed on the parts of our premises that are open to the public.
A support person who accompanies a person with a disability will NOT be charged the fee required by the Pelee Island Winery for the tour.
In the event of a planned or unexpected disruption to services or facilities (ie. elevator not working) for customers with disabilities a notice will be posted on our premises and on our website.
Pelee Island Winery will notify customers promptly. This clearly posted notice will include information about the reason for the disruption, its anticipated length of time and a description of alternative facilities or service, if available.
The notice will be placed in retail and on the Pelee Island Winery website.
Pelee Island Winery will provide training to employees who deal with the public.
The following individuals will receive training:
5)Labelling department supervisor
This training will be provided to staff members immediately after hiring to ensure there is no disruption in service to our valued customers
The training will include:
• An overview of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act 2055 and the requirements of the customer service standard
• Pelee Island Staff will be trained to treat the disabled person with respectful and dignity
• Pelee Island Winery's plan related to the customer service standard
• How to interact and communicate with people with various types of disabilities
• How to interact with people with disabilities who use an assistive device or require assistance of a service animal or a support person
• How to use the equipment of devices (example wheelchairs/canes/oxygen tanks to list a few) available on-site or otherwise that may help with servicing a person with disabilities
• What to do if a person with a disability is having difficulty in accessing Pelee Island Winery's premises
• Staff will also be trained when changes are made to Pelee Island Winery's Accessible Plan
Customers who wish to provide feedback on the way Pelee Island Winery provides goods and services to people with disabilities can be offered our email address (firstname.lastname@example.org), feedback cards, or verbally to our staff.
All feedback should be directed to the Retail Supervisor
Customers can expect to hear back in three days.
Complaints will be addressed according to our organization's regular complaint management procedures.
Any policy of Pelee Island Winery that does not respect and promote the dignity and independence of people with disabilities will be modified or removed
Pelee Island winery has accessibility to
• Handicap parking
• Wheelchair ramp
• Two person elevator
• Wheelchair accessible bathrooms
We are now equipped with a door activation opener for all our handicapped and physically challenged customers.